Crystallizing Borax - Student Assessment Questions
1. How does temperature affect the solubility of a substance?
2. In this experiment, what was the solvent and what was the solute?
3. From your graph, how much borax would dissolve in 700 ml of water heated to a temperature of 50oC?
4. From your graph, what temperature of water is required to dissolve 25 grams of borax?
5. If you were to make a borax solution for cleaning, would you use cold or warm water? Explain your answer.
6. At what point in your experiment was the solution unsaturated, saturated, and supersaturated?