Answer the following on a separate sheet of paper:
1. What is the independent variable in this experiment?
2. What is the dependent variable?
3. Why is it important to only change the temperature and not any other variable (such as the drop height)?
4. At what temperature did the Happy Ball bounce the highest?
5. At what temperature did the Sad Ball bounce the highest?
6. How did changing the temperature affect the elasticity of each ball?
7. Write a paragraph that explains how a ball bounces. Use the terms kinetic energy, potential energy, Newton's 3rd law of motion, and the law of conservation of energy in your explanation.