1. In which wire was heat felt first? How much of a difference was there in the time it took the two wires to heat?
2. Explain the difference in the rate of heating of the two wires.
3. From your observations, do you think cork or copper is a better conductor? What properties make one material more conductive than the other?
1. In what order did the quarters fall from the spoons? Explain this based on heat conductivity.
2. Identify and explain a kitchen item made of each plastic, metal and wood. Distinguish the uses of these items based on heat conductivity.
3. Explain energy transfer through heat conductivity in your own words.