- How does an ultrasound use sound to make a picture?
- Why do you think doctors use ultrasounds instead of
x-rays to take pictures of fetuses?
- Brainstorm different reasons for having a sonogram.
What information could you get from the image?
- The following three images are sonograms at different
stages of pregnancy. Put them in order from youngest
fetus to oldest fetus.
- What parts of the body can you see in each of the
sonograms? At what point do you think that you could
determine the gender of the baby?
- The following image is a three-dimensional sonogram.
Is it easier or harder to see the fetus in this sonogram?
How old do you think that the fetus is, compared to the
above pictures? Label the body parts that you can see.
- The following images are also three-dimensional
sonograms. What interesting thing was discovered about
this baby by using a sonogram?
- What can you determine about the pregnancy from the